Our Lady of America has requested of the US Bishops to process a statue of Our Lady of America, The Immaculate Virgin, Patroness of our land into the National Basilica in Washington, D.C. and to honor Her there permanently. The following sample letter is available for you to copy and personalize with your own contact information and your own personal witness. Please add your own Bishop’s name and address and mail to your Bishop as soon as possible. It is the duty of all to encourage our Bishops to fulfill this request.
(simply copy the following and paste it on a WORD document to personalize, print and mail to your Bishop)
City, State Zip
Thank you for being our Bishop as you lead us in our journey of faith embracing the Holy Resurrection of Jesus. We thank the Lord for blessing our diocese with your leadership.
As you know, devotion to Our Lady began in our country with the inspired efforts of your predecessors:
- May 28, 1792, Bishop John Carroll consecrated our country to Our Lady, the Immaculate Conception.
- May 13, 1846, the United States Bishops unanimously proclaimed Our Lady Patroness of America at the first conference of Bishops.
- November 20, 1959, Cardinal Patrick O’ Boyle, Archbishop of Washington, dedicated the Basilica in Washington D.C. and consecrated the United States to Our Lady, Patroness of America.
- November 11, 2006, the U.S. Bishops renewed this consecration in Baltimore, Maryland.
- November 13, 2006, days following the Bishops’ consecration, the processional statue of Our Lady of America was first publicly displayed at the USCCB conference in Baltimore.
- November 15, 2006, Raymond Leo Cardinal Burke (then Archbishop) blessed the statue. This same statue is now on public display in Holy Family Oratory in Rome City, Indiana.
- May 7, 2020, six Bishops, led by Bishop Kevin Rhoades of Fort Wayne-South Bend, Indiana, released a joint decree, allowing the devotion of what Sister Mary Ephrem/Mildred Marie Neuzil mystically experienced.
- August 6, 2022, the Oratory of the Holy Family in Rome City, Ind. was blessed by Bishop Rhoades.
With the experiences of Sister Mary Ephrem, it seems that Our Lady has confirmed and is awaiting the fulfillment of the previous Bishops’ efforts, that is, honoring Our Lady, Patroness of America with a simple procession in the National Shrine.
With this, Our Lady Promised more miracles than Lourdes and Fatima combined. Many throughout the United States are praying for the procession and the miracles for our families, our country, Holy Mother Church, and the blessings throughout the world.
As a testimony, [please add your personal testimony, miracles, and blessing from OLA or use this sample] our family has been greatly blessed in the Church and through Our Lady’s Intercession. We’ve visited the Oratory in Rome City on numerous occasions; attended the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass on special days, including by Bishop Rhoades; we pray daily before an image of Our Lady of America; and felt great joy at the tasting of the natural springs in Rome City, Indiana.
Your Excellency, our family continues to pray for you, in the Name of Jesus, under Our Lady’s Mantle, and through the intercession of the “little white dove,” Sister Mary Ephrem, in obedience and faithfulness to Holy Mother Church. In the Love of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, in union with St. Joseph, we are sincerely yours,
[your name, family name, address]
[please include the following links for your Bishop]
The following have been sources of blessings to our family:
Thank you and may Our Lord Bless us with the Intercession and the fulfillment of the Promises of Our Lady of America, as we seek to know, love and honor Her, as Her little children.
Our Lady of America, The Immaculate Virgin, Patroness of our land Pray for us!
Sister Mary Ephrem pray for us!