July Reminders – Month of the Most Precious Blood
7/1 – FEAST OF THE MOST PRECIOUS BLOOD OF OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST (Trad) – https://luisapiccarreta.com/feast-of-the-most-precious-blood-of-our-lord-jesus-christ/
V2 – 10.14.99 – “In sum, Hope Provides us with everything, in Such a Way that if one is weak, She gives him strength; if another is stained, Hope Instituted the Sacraments and in them She Prepared the Bath for his sins. If one is hungry or thirsty, this Compassionate Mother gives us the Most Beautiful, the Most Delicious Food, which is Her Most Delicate Flesh, and, as Drink, Her Most Precious Blood. What else can this Peacemaking Mother Hope do? And who else is similar to her? Ah! She Alone has Reconciled Heaven and earth. Hope has United Faith and Charity with Herself and has Formed that Indissoluble Link between the human nature and the Divine. But, Who is this Mother? Who is this Hope? It is Jesus Christ, Who Operated our Redemption and Formed the Hope of man astray.”
7/2 – VISITATION OF THE BLESSED VIRGIN MARY TO ST. ELIZABETH (Trad) – instituted in 1385 by Pope Urban IV – https://luisapiccarreta.me/feasts/feast-of-the-visitaion-in-the-divine-will
Virgin Mary in the Kingdom – Meditation 1 – “So I departed from Nazareth, accompanied by Saint Joseph, facing a long journey, and crossing mountains to go visit Elisabeth in Judea, who, in her advanced age, had miraculously become a mother. I went to her, not to make her a simple visit, but because I Burned with the Desire to bring her Jesus. The Fullness of Grace, of Love, of Light that I felt within Me, Pushed Me to Bring, to Multiply—to Increase a hundredfold the Life of My Son in creatures.
Yes, My daughter, the Love of Mother which I had for all men, and for you in particular, was so Great, that I felt the Extreme Need to give My Dear Jesus to all, so that all might Possess Him and Love Him. The Right of Mother, given to Me by the Fiat, Enriched Me with such Power as to Multiply Jesus as many times as there are creatures who want to receive Him. This was the Greatest Miracle I could perform: to have Jesus ready to give to whoever desired Him. How Happy I felt. How I wish that you too, My daughter, in approaching people and in making visits, would always be the Bearer of Jesus, Capable of making Him Known, and yearning to make Him Loved.”
7/3 – Feast of St. Thomas the Apostle – Our Lord Spoke to Thomas: “Blessed are those who do not see, and yet believe!” Thomas made what is certainly the most explicit statement of faith in the New Testament: “My Lord and My God!” and, in so expressing his faith, gave Christians a prayer that will be said till the end of time. Thomas should be known for his courage. Jesus proposed to go to Bethany after Lazarus died. Since Bethany was near Jerusalem, this meant walking into the very midst of his enemies and to almost certain death. Realizing this, Thomas said to the other apostles, “Let us also go to die with him” (John 11:16b).
– Luisa’s mortal remains laid to rest in Santa Maria Greca 1963 – July 3, 1963 the body of Luisa was transferred and brought inside her Parish Church of Santa Maria Greca, where she is humbly waiting for her glorification. – An Introduction to the Servant of God, Luisa Piccarreta as found in the biographical notes from the work of Padre Bernardino Giuseppe Bucci, OFM, “Luisa Piccarreta, Collection of Memories of the Servant of God”
7/4 – US Independence Day
– Commemoration of all Holy Popes (Trad)
– Our Lady of Refuge (Trad) – V19 – 7.11.26 – “So, the Church knows so very little of the Pains of the Celestial Sovereign Queen, that one can say that She knows only the visible Pains, and this is why She gives the number of the Seven Swords. But if She knew that Her Maternal Heart was the Refuge, the Deposit of All Pains, and that the Light of My Will brought everything to Her, sparing Her nothing, the Church would not speak of Seven Swords, but of Millions of Swords. More so, since they were Intimate Pains, and therefore God Alone Knows the Intensity of the Sorrow. This is why, by Right, She was Constituted Queen of Martyrs and of All Sorrows.”
– Eucharistic Heart of Jesus (Trad) V22 – 7.4.27 – “And just as the Eucharistic Life Multiplies in the Hosts, So does My Divine Will Multiply My Life in each act of the human will, which, More than accident, lends itself to the Multiplication of My Life. As you were making your will flow within Mine and wanted to give Me to each one, So was My Will Forming My Life in yours, and from Its Light It Released My Life, Giving Me to each one; and I – Oh! How Happy I Felt that the little daughter of My Will was forming So Many of My Lives in the accidents of her will, to give Me not only to animate creatures, but to All things Created by Me. So, as I was Multiplying My Life, I felt I was Constituting Myself the King of All: King of the sun, of the sea, King of the flowers, of the stars, of the heavens – in sum, of Everything. My daughter, one who Lives in My Will Possesses within herself the Fount of the Source of the Sacraments, and can Multiply Me as Much as she wants and in whatever way she wants.”
7/5 – Birthday St. Annibale Maria di Francia – 1851 – V25 – 10.7.28 – “Now, in order to be able to say what Jesus told me, I have to make a brief mention – that here in Corato a House has been founded, which was wanted and started by the venerable memory of Father Canonical Annibale Maria di Francia, and which his children, faithful to the will of their founder, have executed and given the name of House of the Divine Will, as the venerable father wanted. And he wanted me to enter this House; and on the first day of its opening, by their goodness, his sons and daughters, the reverend mothers, came to take me and brought me into a room which is such that, as the door of this room is opened, I can see the Tabernacle, I can listen to Holy Mass, I am just under the Gazes of my Jesus in the Sacrament. Oh! how happy I feel, that from now on, if Jesus wants me to continue to write, I will write always keeping one eye on the Tabernacle and the other on the paper I write on. Therefore, I pray You, my Love, to Assist me and to Give me the Strength to make the sacrifice that You Yourself Want.”
– First Friday
7/6 – First Saturday
7/7 – Pope Benedict XVI opens The Latin Mass to all priests (2007) – “There is no contradiction between the two editions of the Roman Missal. In the history of the liturgy there is growth and progress, but no rupture. What earlier generations held as sacred, remains sacred and great for us too, and it cannot be all of a sudden entirely forbidden or even considered harmful. It behooves all of us to preserve the riches which have developed in the Church’s faith and prayer, and to give them their proper place. Needless to say, in order to experience full communion, the priests of the communities adhering to the former usage cannot, as a matter of principle, exclude celebrating according to the new books. The total exclusion of the new rite would not in fact be consistent with the recognition of its value and holiness.” (LETTER OF HIS HOLINESS
BENEDICT XVI TO THE BISHOPS ON THE OCCASION OF THE PUBLICATION OF THE APOSTOLIC LETTER “MOTU PROPRIO DATA” SUMMORUM PONTIFICUM ON THE USE OF THE ROMAN LITURGY PRIOR TO THE REFORM OF 1970)
7/11 – St. Benedict – 543 – “Father of Western Monasticism”– The Benedictines of Divine Will (Ordo Sancti Benedicti ad persequendam Divinam Voluntatem, OSBDV) are little children of Christ the King and Mary the Queen who strive to live in the Kingdom of Divine Will on “earth as it is in heaven.” They live the life of the Holy Family of Nazareth in the New Eden of the Sacred and Immaculate Hearts of Jesus and Mary. Guided by the Holy Spirit and under the protection of St. Joseph they utilize the ancient monastic wisdom of St. Benedict with Eucharistic Adoration and the writings of the Servant of God Luisa Piccarreta to glorify the Eternal Father.
– Our Lady of the Clergy – Pray for our Holy Father, Bishops and all priests!
7/13 – Anniversary Our Lady of Fatima – see July 13 – https://bookofheaven.com/feasts-and-novenas/our-lady-of-fatima-may-13-2017/
7/15 – Luisa writes “Notebook of Childhood Memories” – 1926 – at the request of Fr. Annibale di Francia
7/16 – Our Lady of Mt. Carmel (New and Trad – 1251) – Feast of the Brown Scapular
7/18 – Feast of Santa Maria Greca – 1656 – Protectress of Corato – https://luisapiccarreta.co/?page_id=172
7/20 – Our Lady of Grace – In 1610 a Carmelite, Dominic of Jesus-Mary, found among the votaries of an old altar in the monastery church of Maria della Scala in Rome, and oil painting of the Mother of God…the face of the Mother of God appeared to take on life, and smiling sweetly at him, She bowed Her Head, which thereafter remained inclined…
“All those who devoutly venerate Me in this picture and take refuge to Me will have their request Granted and I will Obtain for them many Graces; but especially will I hear their prayers for the relief and deliverance of the souls in purgatory.”
Our Lady of Grace Appeared to Sr. Mary Ephrem – 1957 – “I saw Her in the likeness in which She is pictured at times, as Our Lady of Grace. Only She wore a Crown, and in Her right hand She held out a rosary, in Her left a scapular. From these, the rosary and scapular, there came forth, as it were, Darts of Light, like Streaks of Lightning. I was then given to understand, interiorly, that this represented the Graces that souls received through the devout use of these holy instruments of Mary.”
7/22 – St. Mary Magdalene (New and Trad – 1st C.) – 1888 – Luisa becomes a daughter of Mary and a Dominican Tertiary at Santa Maria Greca, taking the name Magdalene. St. Mary Magdalene was faithful to Jesus to the last. She stood with His Mother and the Apostle John at the foot of His Cross, witnessed His burial and was the first recorded witness of His Resurrection.
V12 – 4.15.19 – “But the Saints of the Living in My Will, who will Symbolize My Resurrected Humanity, will be few. In fact, many throngs and crowds of people saw My Humanity, but few saw My Resurrected Humanity – only the believers, those who were most disposed, and, I could say, only those who Contained the Seed of My Will. In fact, if they did not have that Seed, they would have lacked the necessary sight to be able to see My Resurrected and Glorious Humanity, and therefore be spectators of My Ascent into Heaven. Now, if My Resurrection Symbolizes the Saints of the Living in My Will – and this with Reason, since each Act, Word, Step, etc. Done in My Will is a Divine Resurrection that the soul Receives; it is a Mark of Glory that she Receives; it is to Go Out of herself in Order to Enter the Divinity, and to Love, Work and Think, Hiding herself in the Refulgent Sun of My Volition – what is the wonder, if the soul remains Fully Risen and Identified with the Very Sun of My Glory, and Symbolizes My Resurrected Humanity? But few are those who Dispose themselves to this…”
– Mother of Mercy –1218, the Blessed Virgin appears to Peter Nolasco, to Raimundo de Peñafort, and to King James I of Aragón and Communicates to each one of them Her Desire to found a congregation that would free Christian captives.
Our Lady, Mother of Mercy also Appeared to Sr. Mary Ephrem – 1957 – from a letter by Sr. to her confessor: “Our Lady showed Herself to me today as the Mother of Mercy. With Her Arms extended, Her Blue Mantle affording a Safe Refuge for the sinner, She said, “I am the Mother of Mercy. Under My Mantle I will hide My children. The Justice of God will not reach them if they seek Refuge ‘neath the Protection of My Mercy. My Son gives to Me all those souls who come to Me with Confidence, calling upon My Aid. Their Salvation is in My Hands. I will Obtain for them the Necessary Graces to Save their souls. Come to Me, poor, suffering and frightened ones. I am your Mother. I will not forsake you. Only come to Me with a wholehearted and loving trust. Place your souls into My Keeping. I am that Faithful Mother who never forsakes her children. Honor Me by your confidence and love. This I Desire and ask of you My poor children. Do not deny the Wishes of your Mother.”
7/23 – St. John Cassian – brought Eastern Monasticism to the West–priest, monk who influenced St. Benedict.
7/24 – St. Sharbel Makhluf – 1898 – priest – John Paul II often said that the Church has two lungs—East and West—and it must learn to breathe using both of them. Remembering saints like Sharbel of Lebanon helps the Church to appreciate both the diversity and unity present in the Catholic Church. Like all the saints, Sharbel points us to God and invites us to cooperate generously with God’s Grace.
7/25 – St. James the Greater, Apostle – by tradition, he is considered the first Apostle to be martyred. He is the brother (probably older) of St. John the Evangelist. James was one of the favored three (Peter, James and John) who had the privilege of witnessing the Transfiguration, the raising to life of the daughter of Jairus and the agony in Gethsemani. St. James’ remains are held in Santiago de Compostela, in Galicia, Spain where he preached.
– Humanae Vitae – 51-year anniversary – “Venerable brothers, beloved sons, all men of good will, great indeed is the work of education, of progress and of charity to which we now summon all of you. And this we do relying on the unshakable teaching of the Church, which teaching, Peter’s successor together with his brothers in the Catholic episcopate faithfully guards and interprets. And we are convinced that this truly great work will bring blessings both on the world and on the Church. For man cannot attain that true happiness for which he yearns with all the strength of his spirit, unless he keeps the laws which the Most High God has engraved in his very nature. These laws must be wisely and lovingly observed. On this great work, on all of you and especially on married couples, we implore from the God of all Holiness and Pity an abundance of Heavenly Grace as a pledge of which we gladly bestow our apostolic blessing.”
7/26 – Sts. Joachim and Anne (New 1st C. BC) – parents of the Blessed Virgin Mary – traditionally, Mary was promised to Joachim and Anne by an Angel, was consecrated to God, and She remained a virgin all Her life.
Virgin Mary in the Kingdom of the Divine Will – day twelve – “Here I come again to You, my Dear Little Baby (Mary), in the house of Nazareth. I want to be spectator of Your tender age; I want to give You my hand as You take Your first Steps and Speak with Your holy mama and with Your father Joachim. Little as You are, after You have been weaned, in Walking You help Saint Anne in the little Tasks. My Little Mama, how Dear You are to me, and All Striking. O please! Give me Your Lessons, that I may follow Your Childhood and learn from You, also in the little human actions, to Live in the Kingdom of the Divine Will.”
7/29 – St. Martha (New and Trad 1st C.) – sister of Lazarus and St. Mary Magdalene – Martha’s great glory is her simple and strong statement of faith in Jesus after her brother’s death. “Jesus told her, ‘I AM the Resurrection and the Life; whoever believes in Me, even if he dies, will live, and everyone who lives and believes in Me will never die. Do you believe this?’ She said to Him, ‘Yes, Lord. I have come to believe that You are the Messiah, the Son of God, the One Who is Coming into the world’” (John 11:25-27).